The Department of the Auditor General does not provide tax documents or consultation. If you have questions about your Pennsylvania state taxes or need documents, please contact the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue at 1-888-PATAXES or online by clicking here.
If you have a complaint related to consumer products, healthcare, insurance fraud, violations of the Pennsylvania Do Not Call Law, SPAM email, and junk mail, and numerous related other subjects, please contact the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) consumer protection line at 1-800-441-2555 or online by clicking here.
If you have a complaint regarding a electric,natural gas,telephone,water, and sewage utility company or utility rates, please contact the Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate, which is part of the OAG, on its toll-free call center line at 800-684-6560 or online by clicking here.
Local Government issues:
Please contact the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) Governor’s Center for Local Government Services at 1-888-223-6837 or https://dced.pa.gov/
The Department of the Auditor General has the authority to review and audit state welfare programs, but has no enforcement powers over allegations against individual recipients of public assistance. All welfare fraud complaints are handled, investigated, and if warranted, prosecuted by the Pennsylvania Office of State Inspector General (OSIG). OSIG coordinates its efforts with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services to eliminate welfare fraud.
- To report welfare fraud (including food assistance and medical assistance) by an individual or business, contact: the Office of State Inspector General Welfare Fraud Tip line at 1-855-372-8372 or online at https://www.osig.pa.gov/About-OSIG/Contact_Us/Pages/default.aspx
- To report Medicaid fraud by a medical provider: contact OAG, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit 717-783-1481 https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/protect-yourself/medicaid-fraud/
- To report Social Security Fraud, call 1-800-269-0271 or contact The Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General http://oig.ssa.gov/report
- To report Workers’ Comp Fraud, contact the OAG by either calling 717-787-0272 or https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/submit-a-complaint/
- To report tax fraud, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue at 717-783-4649 or https://www.revenue.pa.gov/ContactUs/Pages/Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud.aspx